Gear Street Reconstruction
WHKS designed pavement and utility improvements to Gear Street, allowing it to be used as a detour route during improvements to US 20. The project was funded through the Illinois Department of Transportation.
The project included:
- Reconstruction of pavement section and replacement with new asphalt, including vertical profile changes
- Geometric improvements at intersections
- Addition of curb and gutter and storm sewer improvements
- Driveway and sidewalk access improvements and adjustments to existing properties
- Storm sewer improvements
- Water main reconstruction and adjustments
- Final landscaping and restoration of disturbed surfaces
- Construction of new sidewalk in the rural section
The project was designed and constructed in accordance with Illinois Department of Transportation Standards.
- Street, utility, storm sewer and geometric design
- Utility coordination
- Construction observation and administration
IMPROVING LIVES, BUILDING COMMUNITIES
Gear Street is currently being used a detour route during the reconstruction of US 20. The alternate route serves local traffic and visitors in a busy Midwest tourist destination.