Construction Observer – Springfield, Illinois
WHKS has a great opportunity available for a Civil Engineer or Construction Observer with 3+ years of experience who is interested in working with a wide variety of challenging engineering projects in both the field and the office. The candidate will use their knowledge and expertise in the construction and design of municipal, transportation, and other infrastructure type projects. Work will include the construction and design of roadways, bridges and other civil engineering projects.
WHKS strives to provide a flexible, supportive, and collaborative workplace where individuals can utilize and develop their strengths and pursue their interests in Civil Engineering. WHKS offers excellent compensation and benefits, as well as work schedule flexibility.
- Performing construction observation which may include:
- Assuring the quality of the contractor’s work and compliance with the plans and specifications.
- Conducting field-required concrete or asphalt testing.
- Preparing and documenting material reports, test results and material sources.
- Maintaining daily logs of inspections and reviewing any discrepancies with the appropriate parties.
- Preparing and reviewing pay applications.
- Assisting the office staff with preparation of drawings and plan sets while ensuring the overall quality of the client deliverables.
- Providing design and/or CADD drafting support to project engineers during the planning, design and construction of transportation and municipal related projects.
- A Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Management or a related field is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in the construction or design of transportation and municipal projects.
- IDOT Documentation of Contract Quantities certification is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Excellent computer and communication skills are required.
- Experience with Civil 3D and/or Microstation.