Construction Observer – Rochester, Minnesota
This position will work directly with licensed Civil and Senior Civil Engineers and assist them in the design and development of municipal, transportation, or structural related projects.
WHKS strives to provide a flexible, supportive, and collaborative workplace where individuals can utilize and develop their strengths and pursue their interests in Civil Engineering. WHKS offers excellent compensation and benefits, as well as work schedule flexibility.
- Perform construction observation which may include:
- Physically performing field-required concrete or aggregate testing
- Preparing and documenting material reports, test results and material sources
- Assuring the quality of the contractor’s work
- Maintaining daily logs of inspections and reviewing any discrepancies with the appropriate parties
- Preparing and reviewing pay applications
- Assist the office staff with preparation of drawings and plan sets while ensuring the overall quality of the client deliverables
- Perform technical drafting support for assigned municipal and transportation related projects
- Provide CADD drafting and design support for project engineers during the planning, design, and construction of municipal and transportation related projects
- Perform project staking and layout. Verify field dimensions and elevations to project plans
- An Associate’s Degree in Civil Engineering Technology or a related field is preferred
- 0 – 5+ years of experience in Civil Engineering field
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents, plans and specifications
- Excellent computer and communication skills (both verbal and written) are required
- Experience with Civil 3D, Microsoft Office products, and Bluebeam
- MnDOT certifications a plus, but not required.