Water/Wastewater Engineer Internship – Springfield, Illinois
This position will work directly with licensed Civil and Senior Civil Engineers to gain on-the-job experience in Civil Engineering. This is a Summer Internship that could progress into a full time position after graduation.
WHKS strives to provide a flexible, supportive, and collaborative workplace where individuals can utilize and develop their strengths and pursue their interests in Civil Engineering.
- Perform modeling and design of wastewater treatment and collection, and water treatment, storage, and distribution systems
- Prepare engineering plans, specifications, and other contract documents for the design of water/wastewater systems including distribution and collection mains, lift stations, siphons, and treatment facilities
- Prepare design calculations and technical reports
- Observe construction projects related to collection, distribution, storage, and treatment systems
- Must be enrolled in a Civil Engineering degree program or closely related program
- Senior as of Fall Semester 2022 is preferred
- Junior as of Fall Semester 2022 is required
- A valid driver’s license
- Excellent computer and communication skills (both verbal and written) are required