Structural Engineer Internship – Summer 2022 – Ames, Iowa
This position will work directly with licensed Structural and Senior Structural Engineers to gain on-the-job experience in the Structural Engineering field. Primary tasks will be to assist in the design of structural and related civil engineering projects in Iowa and surrounding states. This is a Summer Internship that could progress into a part-time position during the Fall and/or Spring Semester and possibly full time after graduation.
This is a great opportunity to join a flexible, supportive, and collaborative workplace that seeks to develop and utilize the strengths of each individual. WHKS offers excellent compensation and benefits, as well as work schedule flexibility.
- Analyze and design various types of transportation related structures including bridges, box culverts, and retaining walls
- Prepare construction plans and contract documents as well as perform the observation of projects under construction
- Perform other design-related tasks, such as cost estimates, quantity and geometric calculations
- Construction observation or condition inspection of in-service bridges
- Coordinate and collaborate with WHKS staff
- Must be enrolled in a Civil or Structural Engineering degree program
- Senior as of Fall Semester 2022 is preferred
- Junior as of Fall Semester 2022 is required
- A valid driver’s license
- Excellent computer and communication skills are required
- Experience with Microstation, Excel, MathCad, RCPier, STAAD or MDX would be an advantage