Entry Level Transportation Engineer – Springfield, Illinois
WHKS has a great opportunity available for a graduate or experienced engineer with transportation design experience in the Illinois market. This is a great opportunity for the right person looking to apply and expand their expertise in the design of transportation and transportation related projects. The successful candidate will effectively collaborate with other design professionals and clients throughout the design process.
WHKS strives to provide a flexible, supportive, and collaborative workplace where individuals can utilize and develop their strengths and pursue their interests in Civil Engineering. WHKS offers excellent compensation and benefits, as well as work schedule flexibility.
- Roadway layout and design of streets and highways for state, county and municipal roadways.
- Analysis and design of rural and urban roadway drainage systems.
- Performing quantity calculations, geometric calculations, grading plans, utility layouts and developing 2D and 3D models using MicroStation and OpenRoads.
- Oversight of CADD technicians to ensure work is done properly and accurately.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- Candidates must have passed the FE exam or have the ability to take the exam within 6 months
- 0-4 years of experience on transportation projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and confidently with clients, contractors and peers
- Experience with Microstation, Geopak or OpenRoads
- Knowledge of Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) specifications and procedures is a plus