Entry Level Structural Engineer – Ames, Iowa
WHKS is seeking a design engineer to use their knowledge and skills in the design of structural and related civil engineering projects in Iowa and surrounding states. This is a great opportunity to join a flexible, supportive, and collaborative workplace that seeks to develop and utilize the strengths of each individual. WHKS offers excellent compensation and benefits, as well as work schedule flexibility.
- Analyze and design various types of transportation-related structures including bridges, box culverts, and retaining walls
- Prepare construction plans and contract documents as well as perform the observation of projects under construction
- Perform other design-related tasks, such as cost estimates, quantity calculations, and geometric calculations.
- Coordinate and collaborate with WHKS staff to solve challenging engineering tasks
- Master of Science degree in Structural Engineering is preferred
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering is required
- EI is required or willing to take FE exam within 6 months
- 0-5+ years of experience in related field
- A valid driver’s license
- Excellent computer and communication skills are required
- Experience with Microstation, Excel, MathCad, RCPier, STAAD or MDX would be an advantage